Published: 6th July 2017
Huddersfield Elite Sports Education Academy are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic tutor to deliver a high standard of teaching across a range of BTEC Sport and Exercise qualifications.
Job Title – Education Tutor/Assessor
Directorate – Huddersfield Community Trust
Responsible to – ESEA Principal
How to apply – Email CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications – Monday 24th July 2017
Interview date – Friday 28th July 2017
Overall Purpose of Job:
To contribute effectively to the successful learning experiences of the students in the College through:
Effective teaching, learning & assessment which meets or exceeds College standards and results in high levels of student retention and achievement using Huddersfield Elite Sports Education Academy as a vehicle for learning and engagement.
- To offer students a high quality learning experience to achieve the goal or qualification for which they are studying.
- To teach effectively on a range of College courses and programmes.
- To work closely with Huddersfield Community Trust personnel in matters of day-to-day operational procedures ensuring effective and positive relationships are maintained.
- Use ILT in curriculum delivery and support.
- Ensure that appropriate challenging student targets are effectively set and monitored.
- To develop course materials, schemes of work, lesson plans etc and make these available through the college’s shared information system.
- Systematically improve the quality of learning activities, ensuring that they meet
- College quality standards and result in improving student success rates.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of updates to qualification frameworks, subject specifications, assessment procedures within your subject area.
- To contribute to the organisational requirements of the College.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the College’s Equal Opportunity Policies and Health and Safety policies.
- To proactively promote Huddersfield Community Trust at all times.
- To follow the Trusts Codes of Practice for educational activities as well as ensuring full compliance with Health and Safety, Risk Assessment and Child Protection policies.
- To undertake training and CPD as necessary and relevant to the post and contribute to own performance management through diary and time allocation returns.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
- To teach on BTEC Sport – Performance and Excellence at levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Organise suitable guest speakers, educational visits and work placements.
- Ensure an engaging and motivating learning experience for students through successful teaching and personal tutoring.
- To make a significant contribution to curriculum development and course coordination.
- To teach on programmes in other College service delivery areas as may be reasonably required.
- To contribute effectively to the team’s collective responsibility for:
- Marketing activities
- Regular meetings
- The induction of new members
- Planning, designing and up-dating the programme and its materials and activities
- Delivering the programme
- Creating and maintaining course and student records and associated administration
- Recruitment and interviewing of students
- Assessment of students
- Monitoring student progress
- The evaluation of the programme
- Identifying personal and professional development needs
- Developing and maintaining links with employers
- To undertake liaison, administrative, tutorial and pastoral duties for one or more groups of full-time or part-time students.
- To work with others to develop existing and new programmes.
- To be appraised as part of the Trusts Appraisal Scheme.
- To work co-operatively with the Principal and colleagues to achieve Academy, College and Trust objectives.
The Person Specification can be downloaded HERE