Published: 9th July 2021
Partner Schools Officer
Huddersfield Giants Community Trust is delighted to announce an opportunity to join the growing team within our Sports Department.
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate individual that is looking to to join an ambitious team please take al look at the Job Description.
Job Title: Partner Schools Officer
Line manager: Head of sport
Contract length: 1 Year dependent on further funding / retention of schools
Salary: 18k – 21k
Huddersfield Giants Community Trust is a registered charity (1117768) and non-profit making organisation.
Using the influence of professional sport, the trust is responsible for all community sports and educational activities on behalf of Huddersfield Giants Rugby League.
Huddersfield Giants Community Trust has the ability to engage people, improve community cohesion, improve fitness and well-being and raise the hopes and aspirations of the people of Kirklees and wider.
The charity uses the power of sport to inspire people of all ages and abilities through four key areas: Sport, Education, Health and Social Inclusion. The Trust engages with over 200,000 people every year through sports coaching within The Zone, local schools, grassroots clubs and the wider community.
Job role outline
Aim: To grow, sustain and retain the number of HGCT partner schools involved in the Partnership schools programme
(PE and school Sport delivery)
- To ensure all school sport delivery is to the standards HGCT and schools expect
- To incorporate new bespoke programs and adapt to each school’s individual needs of delivery
- To deliver high quality assemblies within each of your partner schools per half term
- To plan and deliver outstanding PE, health and education sessions to inspire young people, positively impacting their health, wellbeing and education.
Role specific responsibilities Engagement:
- To meet with Headteachers/PE Coordinators to maintain relationships
- To provide quality assurance to HGCT Partner Schools
- Retain current partner school contracts
- Identify new opportunities across school’s delivery
- Organise, plan, and deliver various school sport opportunities and competitions as part of the HGCT School Sport offer
- To add and maintain data on Upshot system to show progress against KPIs
- To provide regular, detailed communication to the Head of Sport regarding programme performance and further opportunities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures within the staff handbook including safeguarding, health and safety, behaviour management, equality and diversity, data protection and quality assurance.
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- To report to Line Manager and attend HGCT staff meetings when requested
- To support HGCT in other areas, activities, projects and departments as and when required
- Any other duties deemed necessary by HGCT, CEO/Line Manager
Role specifics and Attributes
- Excellent IT Skills including word, excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent ability to engage children aged 5 – 11 in curriculum settings
- Proven experience of delivering classroom based learning / activities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to produce accurate written work
- Ability to communicate with teachers and school staff effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Ability to process data
- Knowledge of school sport in the National Curriculum
- Hold Level 3 in PE and School Sport (AfPE Level 3)
- Hold RFL Level 2 coaching qualification
- Hold NGB level 2 Coaching Certificate
- Hold First Aid and Safeguarding qualifications
- Hold full driving license
- Experience within schools, school sport & sport development
- Experience and/or interest in delivering mental health projects
- CSF Generic Skills and Attributes
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends
- A drive to help people achieve their goals through sport.
All applications must be submitted to Head of Sport, Dan Wilczynski by emailing Dan@hgct.co.uk with a full CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th August
Please note: All candidates invited back for the interview stage will be informed by email or phone.
If successful the appointed candidate would have to complete a DBS check before commencement of employment